Natural or tinted with Quantum Transparent Stain Colours
<33g per litre> 33g>
9 m2 per litre, first coat may use more depending upon the porosity of the timber
4-6 hours, first coat may be slower to dry due to the extractives in the timber. In cooler or humid conditions drying times will be longer. Do not apply if temperature is below 15°C or above 30°C
1L, 4L, 10L & 20L
Good preparation is key to a professional looking, long lasting finish.
When using TIMBRE PLUS VERTICAL on weatherboards, it is best practice to coat the back of the back of the board.
Brush, roller (short nap) or spray application.
- New timber – power wash using SAP STRIP to remove all extractives and sterilise any fungus or mould. This will also help open up the timber and remove mill glaze to assist with penetration of the coating.
- Old timber – Wash with DEX PREP and a strong jet of water to rid the surface of oxidisation (greying). Test adhesion in a small area.
- Apply the first coat liberally to allow penetration, allow to dry.
- Apply two more coats, allow 24 hour dry time between coats.
- Spraying: Airless spray recommended. Use a 0.33 to 0.38mm (13 – 15 thou) orifice, 10cm fan (dependent on job) with a regulated pump pressure of 350-400 kPa (50 – 55 psi) tip pressure. Back brushing is recommended to achieve an even finish. Use normal protection i.e. mask, overalls. Watch your overspray. Wash off with soap and water before it dries.
- Renewing finish – hose off dust, dirt or salt. Apply one good coat. If coating has eroded back to bare timber then a timber cleaner will be required.
- Exterior timber such as doors and windows, weatherboards, cladding, garage doors, feature walls and outdoor furniture.