Tinted to one of Quantum's Solid Opaque Stains
<58g per litre> 58g>
10-14m2 per litre, first coat may use more depending upon porosity of the substrate.
Up to 5% with water or Quantum's Wet Edge Extender
Touch Dry – 30 minute, Recoat – 2 hours. (In cooler or humid conditions drying times will be longer. Do not apply if temperature is below 12°C or above 30°C).
1L, 4L & 10L
Good preparation is key to a professional looking, long lasting finish
Brush, roller (short nap) or spray application.
- Apply a minimum of 2 coats and use 3 coats on porous substrates.
- New timber – power wash using SAP STRIP to remove all extractives and sterilise any fungus or mould. This will also help open up the timber and remove mill glaze to assist with penetration of the coating.
- Old timber – Wash with DEX PREP and a strong jet of water to rid the surface of oxidisation (greying). Test adhesion in a small area.
- Fibre cement sheet & masonry – New surfaces need to be cured for a minimum of 28 days. After filling any holes, wash the surface with a stiff brush and water to ensure it is free of sand, cement dust or dirt. Remove any efflorescence (white salts) using a 5% solution of acetic acid, hose down and allow to dry.
- Spraying: Airless spray recommended. Use a 0.33 to 0.38mm (13 – 15 thou) orifice, 10cm fan (dependent on job) with a regulated pump pressure of 350-400 kPa (50 – 55 psi) tip pressure. Back brushing is recommended to achieve an even finish. Use normal protection i.e. mask, overalls. Watch your overspray. Wash off with soap and water before it dries
- Exterior surfaces such as timber cladding, cement render, fibre cement, Weathertex and masonry.