Natural or Tinted to one of Quantum's Transparent Stain Colours
<19g per litre> 19g>
9 m2 per litre. First coat may use more depending upon the porosity of the timber
Quantum Wet Edge Extender may be used to help maintain a wet edge and reduce drag on hot dry days.
Recoat 3-4 hours. Light foot traffic after 12 hours. (In cooler or humid conditions drying times will be longer. Do not apply if temperature is below 15°C or above 30°C).
1L, 4L & 10L
Good Preparation is key to a professional looking, long lasting finish. All timber should be cleaned prior to application to prevent early adhesion failure.
Clean with SAP STRIP prior to coating to remove all tannins, extractives & mill glaze and assist with opening the timber grain.
Weathered, Grey or Dirty Timber
Clean with DEX PREP prior to coating to remove all dirt and weathered fibres.
Previously Stained or Oiled Timber
Test the water repellency of the timber by dripping beads onto the surface, if the timber absorbs the water, clean with DEX PREP and then coat. If water beads on the surface, clean with POWER CLEAN first to remove weathered oil finishes, then clean with DEX PREP to neutralise and lighten the timber before coating.
Previously Painted Timber
Sand back or use Q-STRIP to remove all old paint, finish with a pressure wash. If sanded clean with SAP STRIP to remove mill glaze caused by sanding, finish with a pressure wash.
Brush, roller, spray or applicator.
- After cleaning (refer to surface preparation), spray a light mist of water over the deck prior to coating to help ECODEX to penetrate the timber.
- Stir ECODEX thoroughly with a broad flat paddle before and during application.
- Using a brush, roller, applicator or spray, apply ECODEX liberally along the length of the boards. Coat no more than 2 to 3 boards at a time to maintain a wet edge and prevent lap marks. Allow to dry.
- Apply a minimum of 2 coats, a third coat will give the coating a longer lifespan.
- Spraying: Airless spray recommended. Use a 0.33 to 0.38mm (13 – 15 thou) orifice, 10cm fan (dependent on job) with a regulated pump pressure of 350-400 kPa (50 – 55 psi) tip pressure. Back brushing is recommended to achieve an even finish. Use normal protection i.e. mask, overalls. Watch your overspray. Wash off with soap and water before it dries.
- Exterior decking and walkways.