Tinted to one of Quantum's Solid Opaque Stain Colours
<57g per litre> 57g>
10-14m2 per litre. First coat may use more depending upon the porosity of the timber
In hot weather thin up to 5% with water or Quantum Wet Edge Extender
Touch Dry – 30 minutes. Recoat – 2 hours. ( In cooler or humid conditions drying times will be longer. Do not apply if temperature is below 12°C or above 30°C).
4L & 10L
Good preparation is key to a professional looking, long lasting finish
Brush, roller or spray application
The timber will grey off if not re coated every 6-9 months, however the protective properties will still remain in the timber.
- New timber – power wash using SAP STRIP to remove all extractives and sterilise any fungus or mould. This will also help open up the timber and remove mill glaze to assist with penetration of the coating.
- Old timber – Wash with DEX PREP and a strong jet of water to rid the surface of oxidisation (greying). Test adhesion in a small area.
- Apply a minimum of 2 coats, use 3 coats on porous surfaces.
- Spraying: Airless spray recommended. Use a 0.33 to 0.38mm (13 – 15 thou) orifice, 10cm fan (dependent on job) with a regulated pump pressure of 350-400 kPa (50 – 55 psi) tip pressure. Back brushing is recommended to achieve an even finish. Use normal protection i.e. mask, overalls. Watch your overspray. Wash off with soap and water before it dries.
- Older weathered decking and decking that is difficult to maintain such as holiday homes or when annual maintenance is unrealistic.